This is what tRumps administration has emboldened. Thugs and white supremacists who brazenly attack anyone who doesn’t support them. This country is being terrorized, by white power , white nationalist, white supremacists, white fascist. Where is the department of justice, oh that is right, they are looking for only Muslims. Hugs
February 14, 2017
NEW YORK CITY: Neo-Nazi Gang Attacks Brothers After Noticing “Anti-Fascist” Sticker On Their Cell Phone – Joe.My.God.
February 3, 2017
I would say they want to take any heat off the white nationalist racist that are connected to Bannon and supported tRump for president. They are so bigoted they think only Muslims can do terror, and white people only commit crime. That is why they label things the way they do. Then after a few years of only reporting Terror acts committed by Islamic Muslims they can insist that the record proves the only terrorists are those same Islamic Muslims. Weird how that would work to the favor of a bigoted white house and president. They basically want us to turn a blind eye to what we know is happening to endorse a lie made on the back of racial prejudice. Hugs
The Trump administration wants to revamp and rename a U.S. government program designed to counter all violent ideologies so that it focuses solely on Islamist extremism, five people briefed on the matter told Reuters.
January 6, 2017
Few things make me angrier than the deliberate abuse and neglect of those who can not defend or speak up for themselves. This is why it is a horrible idea to give religions more power over a secular society. They have been taught that science is bad, wrong, and immoral because it might detract from the make believe of their god’s book. This is what you get when media elevates a person’s religious beliefs over all else. This is the direct result of decades of religions trying to force their myths to be taught in schools, to force their way into government, to force their myths on everyone else even those who do not agree or follow their myths. This is one reason why discrimination based on religious faiths must not become laws. If these discrimination laws based on religious faith get implemented we will see a lot more abuse and many more deaths of people unable to defend themselves against the hate and ignorance of religious people. Hugs
Timothy and Sarah Johnson, a couple from Minnesota, allowed their 7-year-old adopted child Seth to die of pancreatitis because they had “issues going to doctors.”
December 28, 2016
And I was expecting something so much better from our leaders than 2nd grade lack of comprehension of known proven science. Why is it that people who have no training in a subject, no qualifications for investigating a subject, no education at all in sciences, suddenly think they are much more knowledgeable about a subject than those with the education and skill who have been studying these subjects for their careers? Yes I can see how a congressman with no graduate degree can challenge a PHD in a subject based on a blog post written by a high school dropout which they based on a conspiracy website. People keep allowing this stuff with no challenge and no threat to the congress people. Now they are staffing most of the posts of the incoming administration. Well our time here on this planet is about done if these deniers get their way. Let the planet heal from us and the next species will raise up. Maybe they can get their populations to look after the earth and to understand evolution. Hugs
Donald Trump wasn’t the only politician who lied about science this year.
December 24, 2016
December 21, 2016
Again the city and the religious leaders do not see how hypocritical they are being. They claim the display is offencive and harmful, yet they don’t see the same about their displays. They insist on their displays, not caring if you do not believe as they do, or even if placing it on government property is illegal. Some said he should have placed it up in February and not in december, as if they owned the month or the holiday. It is clear they do not even know or care about the history of the holiday. I like the passerby who said there is freedom of speech, but wanted the free speech of the atheist monuments curtailed while having no problem with the religious symbols and speech. Also she said the teacher just wanted publicity, well what does she think the religious items are being displayed for? They do not even see how bigoted they are acting. It is like they have incredible blinders on that keeps them seeing what is so clear. That is why we have to keep doing everything we can to fight these displays, fight with legal action every attempt to push religion in the public areas, and get the word out loud and clear on what we stand for and why. We can not let them bully us, deny us our rights, or refuse us our rights by having more financial resources. Let’s stand together on this, let’s support the teacher and his attempt here with all the strength we can. Thank you. Hugs
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — A 300-pound metal sculpture of a satanic pentagram, erected as an atheist protest to a public park’s Nativity scene, was severely damaged on Tuesday when i
The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that government agencies can allow religious displays on public property, but if they do, they cannot discriminate. Both the Nativity scene and the Pentagram were installed with city permits.
A group of local religious leaders — 14 ministers, two rabbis and the president of the city’s mosque — placed a banner next to Smith’s sculpture criticizing its placement.
“The use of satanic symbols is offensive and harmful to our community’s well-being,” the banner reads. “We find it a shameful and hypocritical way to advocate for freedom from religion.”
The city issued a statement saying that while it respects Smith’s free-speech rights, it doesn’t support his message.
“In years past, the seasonal, religious displays in Sanborn Square have contained messages projecting the themes of peace, forgiveness and harmony,” it said. “This display appears to be more about shock value, attention and challenging our commitment to constitutionally protected free speech rather than promoting goodwill, respect and tolerance during the holiday season.”
Passer-by Judy Hill, a retired information technology worker, decried the vandalism but didn’t think Smith should have erected his sculpture next to the Nativity scene.
“I know there is freedom of speech, but there is a time and place for everything,” said Hill, a Methodist. “He just wanted to get publicity and he got it.”
December 17, 2016
I am simply stunned by this. This is a total injustice and a total disregard for the will of the electorate. The voters in North Carolina voted to change things, they voted for a democrat instead of the current republicain. Yet after that the republican state controlled legislative bodies voted, in a sneaky session they had already planned, to gut all power from the incoming democratic governor. They did the reverse when they took power from a democrat, when the republican governor took office they increased his powers tremendously. The very powers they are trying to restrict now. I wonder why? It is clear that republicans are only interested in retaining as much power as possible. They don’t care about the people, the people’s wishes. They care only about their party. This is true in state government, in school boards, in judge positions and courts, and also in the federal congress. The party comes before all else. Before the people, before justice, before honor. Please help stop this takeover of our country before it is too late. Hugs
That session did, indeed, result in a disaster relief bill. However, as it drew to a close on Wednesday, Republican leaders called another special session—with the explicit aim of curbing the authority of both Cooper and the court. They promptly put forth a series of dramatic alterations to the government’s structure, including proposals to:
- Overhaul county election boards to prevent Democratic control. Current law states that each county election board must be made up of three members, two of which should come from the governor’s party. The new proposal would give each election board four members—two Democrats and two Republicans—to prevent Democrats from taking control of the boards.
- Overhaul the State Board of Elections by merging it with the State Ethics Commission and increasing its size. Right now, the law states that the election board must have five members, with three from the governor’s party. The new law would give it eight members—four Democrats and four Republicans—to forestall a Democratic advantage when Cooper takes office.
- Allow a Democrat to chair the State Board of Elections in odd-numbered years—when there are typically no elections—and allow a Republican to chair the board in even-numbered years—when state and federal elections are normally held.
- Make Supreme Court elections partisan and introduce party primaries. Republicans believe they lost the 2016 Supreme Court election because the candidates lacked a partisan identification.
- Completely change the appeals process in order to limit the state Supreme Court’s authority. When Republicans took power, they provided citizens with the right to appeal constitutional challenges from superior court directly to the state Supreme Court. The new measure would remove this right, requiring constitutional challenges to be heard by all 15 judges of the court of appeals—which is dominated by Republicans—before reaching the state Supreme Court.
- Allow McCrory to pick the Industrial Commission chairman, who will serve for the next four years. Under current law, Cooper should have the opportunity to fill this position.
- Reduce the number of state employees who serve at the pleasure of the governor. When McCrory took office, Republicans increased this number from 500 to 1,500. They now propose reducing it to 300.
- Remove Cooper’s ability to appoint trustees to run campuses in the University of North Carolina system—and transfer that power to the state legislature.
- Require Senate confirmation of Cooper’s Cabinet appointments. McCrory’s appointments did not require Senate approval.
- Confirm McCrory’s closest ally, state budget director Andrew Heath, to a superior court judgeship.
- Abolish car-emissions testing in many counties; eliminate some state environmental reports; and remove scientists from certain state boards tasked with protecting public health, replacing them with industry representatives.
These proposals are not merely designed to negate the will of the voters in this election. They are also intended to maintain Republican-sponsored voter suppression, thereby preventing Democrats from ever regaining control of the North Carolina government.